Save $1K each Year you Have a Child in College

If you have a child in college, then contribute $5K to the Indiana CollegeChoice 529, and then turn around and put that money back into your personal checking account. You don’t need to leave the 529 funds in the 529 to get the $1K Indiana tax credit (i.e., save $1K of Indiana tax each year you do this).